Burnside, Louisiana

Burnside is an unincorporated community in Ascension Parish, Louisiana, United States. It was founded by French and German settlers in 1726, early in the French colonial period.

The community's name is for John Burnside, an Irish American who owned The Houmas sugar plantation from 1857 until his death in 1881.

There are three local sites which have been listed on the National Register of Historic Places at one time or another: The Houmas plantation, Tezcuco plantation, and St. Joseph's School,

See also


Coordinates: 30°08′N 90°55′W / 30.133°N 90.917°W / 30.133; -90.917



This page was last updated at 2019-11-08 07:30 UTC. Update now. View original page.

All our content comes from Wikipedia and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.


Top

If mathematical, chemical, physical and other formulas are not displayed correctly on this page, please useFirefox or Safari